Changes in Dismissal
Refrain from frequently changing your child's dismissal routine. This confuses the child and increases the risk of errors in your child's dismissal.
Any changes in dismissal MUST be in writing to the teacher. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If a bus child is going to be a walker or
- If someone other than a parent or guardian is picking up. This person must be listed on the BLUE CARD, PHOTO ID MUST BE PRESENTED. (This is DOE policy and will be strictly enforced).
Bus children are not permitted to change buses.
In the event of an emergency, please follow these steps:
- Call the main office at 718.981.5034 ext. 0
- Follow-up with an email and/or fax 718.981.6109. The email and/or fax should contain the following: full name of student, their class/teacher, the name of the person who will pick up the child.
- Please make sure they have proper identification, this person must be listed on the BLUE card (DOE policy), concluding with the parent's signature for identifying purposes.
THIS WILL NOT BE DONE ON A DAILY BASIS.
All changes must be made in writing; no verbal changes are accepted.